So, it's time for your senior portrait session and you are wondering, "What should I wear?" This is probably the single most asked question I get from my senior girls! So, here are the top 10 tips for making your senior portraits amazing!
1. It is important to have great make-up the day of your shoot! I recommend having your make-up done by a professional make-up artist, but if that is not possible there are some easy tips that will help you look your best. First, don't go crazy! This is not the time to try that brand new bright blue eye shadow for the first time! Keep your normal look and just add a bit more then usual.
2. The day before your senior shoot is not that time to go with crazy new hair color you have been eyeing! Make sure your hair is clean and styled for your session. If you plan on wearing your hair up in a cute bun or braid for some of your photos, awesome! This is a great way to add variety to your shots, but be sure to wear your hair down first, so that it isn't creased for your photos.
3. Avoid wearing clothing with words or logos. There is an exception to rule for your college t-shirts or sports outfits, but for the most part it is best to avoid outfits with distracting words and logos. They take the attention off of your beautiful face!
4. Choose one simple classic outfit that your parents and grandparents will love! I know it is important to "be you", but these are the photos you will love 20 years from now!
5. Ladies! Please be sure to wear the right undergarments with your outfits. Bra straps and panty lines do not look good in photos and that is not what you want to remember!
6. Bright colors are a great option for senior photos! If black is more your style, that's fine! But, don't be afraid to wear that awesome brightly colored top, dress, or pants that you love to wear! It will look great!
7. Variety is key! Bring dresses, jeans, casual, dressy, accessories, etc. I suggest bringing more than you need, that way you can choose what works best with your location and settings.
8. Great accessories really make a photo stand out! Make sure and bring your necklaces, bracelets, belts, jackets, hats, etc. This will give your photos lots of character!
9. Layers always look good in photos! Pairing a blazer with that adorable top you love is a great way to get variety and to add a touch of class to your portraits!
10. And last, but not least, be true to yourself! If something really isn't your style and you know you won't feel comfortable in it, ditch it! The key to getting great senior portraits is feeling comfortable and confident, so wear things that make you feel that way! And remember, you are beautiful!
I hoped this helped you decide what to wear for your senior portraits to help you shine! Need more help? Contact me at email@example.com!